Thursday 31 January 2013

1st Febuary

When you pick tomatoes it's the back of your thighs that hurt, when you weed it's the front of your thighs, chipping grass it's your whole arms like shooting pains and when you pick zucchinis it's your lower back. Always a new pain and muscle hurting from this rotten job. It's ok in the morning when you first start but by the time it hits 11am and the suns up and the flys are out in full force it's hell. We usually finish by 1pm which is good cause it's too hot to continue working but by then you're so exhausted to even think about doing anything with your afternoon. Sometimes we go to the pool to soothe are aches away but at $4 a go we can't afford it all the time. The hostels very small and we're all cramped in here with the balcony for a social area which is nice to chill with a beer and see the sun go down or see the stars when it's set. There's about 40 of us here and we're all one big family with so many nationalitys which I love. The only thing that's getting to me is the boredom. There's nothing in this town to do!
I'm leaving in 5 weeks. My job in Sydney phoned and offered me work in March the first one being at the future music festival and the other a 3 week festival for Easter. So I'm heading back the 6th March and I can't wait :) already got my nights out and reunions planned with my friends there. I'm dreaming of Bondi beach and sunbathing in the park. Walking down to the harbour and seeing the bridge and the opera house. I love Sydney it's favourite city after Edinburgh.

No comments:

Post a Comment