Sunday 27 January 2013

Birthday :)

I just had the most vivid dream that I was with Scott, but I've forgotten what it was. All I remember is it was amazing and now it's gone. Please come back to me my love I hope that was you telling me that you're ok.
That was only a little catnap but it was the best sleep I've had in months. I don't sleep so well anymore now that you're gone, no matter how tired I am. You just get used to running on empty.
Ever have that hollow feeling like your emotions are so exhausted you just can't feel anything? That's how I feel right now it's been a good but tiring weekend. Being away from my twin on my birthday wasn't good, the first one we'd spent apart. Being away from my family in general when I know they were altogether having fun. I'm not homesick but I miss my family and friends like mad. I've gotten used to being away from them and not speaking to them all the time. Chris and Von and the new friends I meet in the hostel are my family right now. My best friend from Sydney, Danny who I shared a room with for 2 months suprised me and arrived in Tatura yesterday. Was amazing to see him and I'm so glad he's here.
My birthday weekend was really good and I'm glad I spent it where I did. Being in the sun when usually I'll always have snow was great. I woke up at 5am to go to work and decided I wasnt picking tomatoes on my birthday so me and Von pulled a sickie and went back to bed! Woke up and went for a birthday lunch which was a real treat cause I had chicken which we don't eat as its too expensive! How to make my day so far even more perfect? A day at the pool. Which is outdoors and is really nice with sunbathing areas. Also cause it was Australia day the lifeguards gave us a free BBQ. Was perfect just the girls sunbathing and going in when we got to hot, no boys to splash us or throw us in. Back to the hostel about 4pm to start the drinking game and get ready. I had an Aussie flag made into a dress and out came the face paint. What happens when you give a group of drunk adults face paint? They draw willies and abusive words all over each other. I just wrote I heart wozza over everyone :)
None of us won the mechanical bull contest but I tell you my legs are still killing me from holding on so tight. Surrounded by new and old friends, drinks were flowing and dancing to the jukebox it was a great night. To top it off I fell asleep hugging the toilet as drinking and spinning on a bull is a recipe for disaster! Was woken up by the bar maid and ordered to bed. You always get so drunk at your own birthday you can't remember a thing, I prefer other people's birthdays their great fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment