Monday 14 January 2013

Quarter life plus one crisis.

As you do everytime it comes upto your birthday you look at your life and see how you're doing. I'm going to be 26 and let's look at the general basics. Single, unemployed, no money and homeless. My assets, one backpack and a Juicy Couture handbag. Clothes I'm so sick of looking at and wearing. If you looked at all my Facebook pictures from the last 5 months you'd think they were all taken within a week. My shoes the soles so thin I might aswell be barefoot and they turn my feet black like a cheap ring. My hairbrush with a broken handle. The only nice things I own is my makeup, and that's running low. Writing all this down my life seems awful. I could be living in extreme poverty. In actual fact I've got a life people dream of, I'm in Australia. I'm a backpacker. My main goal is too see the world and have fun. I get a job to save for a trip to a new destination. I sleep in a bunkbed in a room with at least 7 other people at a time. I've met people from all over the world and learnt things I'd only learn from a trip like this. I've shared a room with pilots to journalists, lawyers to plumbers, and met people from Ecuador to Fiji. I don't care about keeping up with the latest fashion or what the celebs are doing. When you live out a backpack for 5 months and don't own anything then possessions become trivial to you. My diet consists of toast, cereal and pasta. I've turned myself into a vegetarian and I've not even meant it. It used to annoy me when people put pictures of their dinner on Facebook now it just makes me jealous. I don't eat nice food anymore.
I taught myself to like beer when I got to new Zealand because it was cheap, now in Australia we get a 4 litre box of wine also known as goon for $9. Blows your head off! This all might sound like hell to you but add in endless sunny days and it's perfect. It's a life worth living and a regret I'll never have.

No comments:

Post a Comment