Friday 25 January 2013

Being Scottish

Happy Robert burns. The day we celebrate our national poet and remember why it's great to be Scottish. I love Scotland and it will always be home, there's no place like it. We're a country full of tradition and culture, people I meet are always so curious about kilts and haggis and I love to tell them all about it. They get so excited 'oh wow you're Scottish, that's so cool!' they recite braveheart and trainspotting or Och aye the noo! How can you not feel proud of such to be from such an amazing country?

When I was still in the UK I would hear on almost a daily basis about these foreigners coming over and stealing all our jobs. I'm now one of those people. There's a lot of narrow minded aussies that hate us Brits being in their country and working here. It can be quite hurtful to be on the receiving end of these comments when all I wanna do is work and see this beautiful place. I love it here why wouldn't you want someone who appreciates your country so much in it? Next time you open you're mouth to utter a racist comment or agree with someone think about it. That person just wants to earn a living and be happy just like you.

No comments:

Post a Comment