Thursday 2 May 2013

Home, work and bugs.

I seen a picture of Edinburgh in the paper today and it gave me a longing for home. I miss home desperately but not to the point that I wanna come home. I really wish Australia wasn't so far from home and so expensive to fly. I think I'd really consider living here if it was closer, but for now that's a deal breaker. I don't think I could live so far away and only seen my family and friends every couple of years.
Early night tonight as this weekend is gonna be a killer. The Goondiwindi show starts tomorrow at 9am and finishes at 2am and the same time on Saturday. Then when the show finishes we pack down the rides and the canteen, our camp and drive 200km to St George for a show on Sunday, pack down then drive to Roma on Monday morning. Roma is where I joined the show so it'll be nice to go back there when I actually know what I'm doing!
We got the afternoon off today and we all went to the campsite across the road to the pool and spa which was amazing as I've not had a proper day relaxing like that for about 6 weeks. This jobs great but it's constant.
Seen my first big Aussie spider this week. It was a huntsman and it scared the life outta me. I was checking the cables on the power box and I looked to the side and there it was on the side just chilling! I've been here for 6 months and that's me seen my first one. People exaggerate when they say they seen them all the time
and their everywhere. You do see a lot of cockroaches and other bugs. When you see some of them it's like what even of that?! For instance I have a preying mantis on my door right now that I had no clue yesterday what one was! My dad would be proud of me the way I handle bugs now!

No comments:

Post a Comment