Friday 17 May 2013

Charleville

Just been stopped by the police for the second time in Charleville. This time it was for walking across the showgrounds with a beer in my hand after the show was finished and the gates were closed. No drinking in public areas apparently and it's a $110 fine. They made me walk back to camp and get my ID to prove I was old enough to drink then let me off with a warning. Two days ago we got pulled over in the car cause we went to town me, Kristy and Voitor and they have no back seat so Kristy lay on the mattress in the back seat. I managed to talk us outta fine saying it was a moment of madness and we were only nipping to town. Our punishment was me and Kristy were made to walk back to the showgrounds. Hopefully not gonna make it a 3rd time but still got a full day here so there's still time!
Charleville is the proper outback. Red dirt and hilly Billy's. The bugs out here are unreal, The moths are like the size of your hand more like bats. The wildlife is crazy I've seen enough of it to last a lifetime but I still love it. I love being on the road, travelling to new towns. We've been doing 2 shows a week in the past few weeks so its been full on travelling and working. The thing about these places though is a lot of the towns are very similar with the same shops and no sorta history or interesting sights. As Australia is such a new country there's no background. The culture is a shock to me. The small town cowboy lifestyle is a drastic difference to my lifestyle. I love the fact I'm experiencing real Australia not just the beach side of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment