Saturday 23 March 2013

Bris-Vegas.

So I'm now in Brisbane. I've taken to this city a lot more than I did melbourne I think I'm really gonna like it here. I'm staying in a really good hostel that I'd call more of a resort. It's still got the dorm rooms and a shared kitchen/bathrooms but its got loads of deck areas and sunbathing space, a swimming pool and a movie theatre. It's a place more built for you to be outside than in other places I've stayed, because Queensland is warm all year round. It's got a viewing platform that you can see right over the city. During he day it's just big buildings with the river splitting the city in half and by night it's bright lights making it look like Vegas. Hence the nickname Bris-Vegas.
Spent the whole day yesterday lying by the pool topping up my tan it was great and so relaxing. Was nice to be able to lie by water and not have someone throw me in for once! Won't be the case tomorrow when I go and meet a friend from Melbourne at the lagoon cause he's notorious for doing it! Met up with him last night and even though It'd only been a week and a half since I seen him in the travelling world that's along time. When you see people everyday and they become your family when you leave it's like leaving home all over again. Had my first run in with the aboriginals last night. If always been told they hated British people and all they did was get drunk and start fights but I dismissed this claim as I wouldn't ever want to judge a whole race on one comment. As we were sitting outside smoking one came up and asked for a cigarette, we said no sorry an he started shouting and swearing calling me a redneck bitch (I laughed at this comment! We don't have rednecks in Scotland) when a friend of a friend jumped to my defence and made him apologise. The bouncers calling the police straight away. Doesn't seem like a big incident but it's the first run in I've had in Australia as its a very safe country in general. I'd rather see a huntsman spider than deal with the abo's again!

I've been thinking about my future lately and how I wanna live my life, I've all these ideas in my head of things I wanna achieve and do. It's part of the grieving process I think is a positive step. I'm planning my life on my own as sad as it seems I don't ever want a romantic relationship in my life again.
I'm gonna write my bucket list.

No comments:

Post a Comment