Friday 5 April 2013

Fun factory.

I was working last night on the fun factory which is a fun house for kids. It's got a ball pit, spinning pole, a maze, spinning hamster wheel and a slide at the end. My job was to watch the kids to make sure they didn't hurt themselves which usually meant me going through it with them and it was great fun.
We're still in Toowoomba but the rodeo we were just doing was 90k away in Warwick. Another country bumpkin town with cowboys and farmers.
Toowoomba is a big town and its all spread out we need to do an hours walk from the showgrounds to get to the supermarket which has almost killed me everytime cause its all uphill. It's a massive show next weekend that is so important to this town that they have a holiday for it starting on Thursday. There must be about 100 caravans here now with all the showies here to start setting up its really cool.
We have the best spot in the showgrounds cause the family I work for are the biggest show family in Australia. It's really nice their called the Gill Brothers and its the parents that I work for and their 3 children all with their own set up. They all travel and work together. They have like 8 dogs, 4 budgies, a parrot, a lizard and a cat that goes with them everywhere. The cats taken to sleepin in my room which I of course love!
I sleep in a unit that's been converted to 2 rooms, it's really small with space for a bed and a fridge with a couple of shelves but its great to have my own room and space again after so long in hostels.

It's Scott's birthday on Thursday. He would have been 25, But sadly he'll never age past 24. I miss him so much, I would do anything to speak to him. I don't think an hour of the day goes by without thinking about him. Everything reminds me of us. My life right now is not reality in the sense that this is not home and not a life I can lead forever so I am used to not being with anyone I love but being used to something doesn't lessen the pain.
Before I left Brisbane I went to an alanon meeting and I just let it all out. I actually terrified to come home and face it. All I do is imagine getting home and seeing everyone then getting on a plane to somewhere else. I don't wanna be at home where there's pain waiting for me.
I'm so excited about when I do go home to see my family and friends because I miss them so much. I hate seeing things on Facebook when their all together and I'm missing it. Family is the most important and valuable thing in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment