Friday 19 April 2013

Dalby

I'm now in Dalby and it's a much nicer town than Toowoomba. Showgrounds are nicer too, the toilets were disgusting there and it was so muddy since the past week was like non stop storms. Dalby is more modern and it's grey sand so it doesn't cover you head to toe in mud 24/7.
Shops are also a 20 minute walk rather than an hour which is a big plus we're not so cut off. We have a really nice camp set up here and it's really social that all the guys come to our camp for a drink and a wind down after work.
Can guess what rooms mine straight away as pride of place on my door is my stolen Scotland flag that two of the guys climbed up the flagpole and stole for me last Saturday! Had to keep it hidden till we left Toowoomba as I'm the only Scottish person on the grounds so if they notice they'd know it was me straight away!
As much as I hate to say it, my accent is starting to annoy me. Especially in these kinda towns when they don't get a lot of foreigners. I constantly have to repeat myself and everyone once they hear it mimic it. The novelty has definitely worn off. It's weird cause when I met a Scottish women today it sounded strange to me cause I ain't heard one for so long. I never thought hearing an Aussie accent would sound normal to me.
This job is good for me. I've not slept so well in months and had such an appetite. Cut right down on the amount I drink aswell. It's exhausting work but its really doing me good. Jackie my boss as they have a farm may be able to sign us off for our 2nd year visa which would be amazing if I could come back. I really do love this country. It's not home but I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment