Sunday 10 February 2013

Bed bugs

So I got bed bugs. To anyone other than a backpacker that seems like a fate worse than death. To me it's just like getting a mosquito bite or a child getting headlice, it's one of those things that happen in hostels. So I've been in Melbourne for 6 days now and I'm liking it. Been out on the town 3 nights with some new friends I've made, been to the beach and even been productive by doing my RSA (responsible service of alcohol course) and I have 2 interviews tomorrow. One for a cafe and one for a bar? Fingers crossed.
I've met a great group of guys which is a mixture or Brits, Irish, and kiwis. It seems since I started travelling I've become one of the lads, whereas back home I'm more a girls girl. How things change.
I'm kinda at a cross roads right now as to what to do with my life. I feel like right now I'm just floating around and don't know what I'm doing, in a way that's exactly true. In the past week I've stayed in 4 different hostels, in the past 6 months I've stayed in 20 hostels. That's packing my stuff up and moving 20 times. Sometimes along the street, to a different city and once a different country. No wonder I feel unsettled. I don't wanna end my trip yet but it maybe sooner than the 2 years I planned to be away for. Family is the most important thing in my life and being away from them is so hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment